- What is digital marketing?
- Why is digital marketing important for local business?
- How can digital marketing impact your business?
- What’re the 7 fundamentals of digital marketing?
What is digital marketing?Digital marketing is any form of marketing that uses digital resources like electronics or the internet. Local businesses can connect to their customers or reach new audiences through digital channels like social media, email/newsletter lists, or other websites.
Why is digital marketing important for local business?Traditional marketing includes print ads, phone communication, and physical marketing. Digital marketing is different, because it occurs electronically and online, which gives you far more opportunities to reach current and potential customers, including email, video, social media, and search engines. You don’t need to use every component of digital marketing for it to be effective, but you can leverage at least some aspects to up your brand’s visibility and reach a wider audience.
How can digital marketing impact my business?If you haven’t used digital marketing or have been lagging on your digital marketing strategy in the past, your business will see benefits pretty quickly. Almost every local business today has a website or social media presence. Truth is, people are so used to researching products before purchasing (even if just searching where-to-buy) they now expect businesses to have either a website or a social channel where they can get info and discover options. Local businesses typically use digital marketing differently than large corporations because they don’t have unlimited ad budgets, but it’s free to build relationships online. Or, you could get creative and pursue lower-cost strategies to connect with your consumers. Unlike traditional print advertising or mass outdoor advertising like billboards, digital advertising gives you precise analytics from each post and each account you create online, so you can monitor your progress.
What are the 7 fundamentals of digital marketing?Though best used together, you can begin with just one or two of these fundamentals and work your way up from there.
- Content marketing. This is marketing that’s focused on creating helpful tools and resources for your audience and clientele, such as pics, blog posts, videos, e-books, etc. and distributing them to your audience.
- Website. If you don’t sell online, your website will act as your business’s online storefront or office, providing information about your services, offerings, locations, and how to get in touch.
- Social media. This is online media produced by your business that helps you interact with your existing and desired consumers. The most popular social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Online reputation management. This involves conducting online searches for your own business and responding to comments online, while at the same time managing your digital brand through press releases, industry newsletters, and public comments.
- SEO. Search Engine Optimization involves setting up your business to be found through search engines such as Google. You can do this by creating content with specific search keywords.
- Digital advertising. Whether you’re using social advertising through Instagram/Facebook or search advertising through Google AdWords (or website banners, YouTube commercials, et al) digital advertising can effectively help you reach new customers or remind existing clients to buy again.
- eCommerce. This is all about how you sell your products or services online. These days, many websites have built-in eCommerce capabilities.
Why Online Listings are Critical for Your Business
What is local listings management? Anytime you review and update your business information online, that’s Local Listings Management. We’re talking location, website, contact info, and all other details listed by online directories. Online listings have four pieces of...
Video Marketing Strategy for Local Businesses
As a small business owner, you know it’s important to invest in marketing. You’ve dipped your toe in a little, posting on Facebook or advertised on the radio. But there’s another incredibly powerful marketing tool that can help your business grow: video marketing....
What’s Google My Business & Why Do I Need It
When it comes to local search marketing, Google My Business is the single most important tool. But if you’re not already familiar with it, no problem. This introductory guide tells you everything you need to know. We’ll explain exactly what Google My Business is, why...